My kitchen has been quieter than normal, my oven not as hot. A week after my last post, Jeremy's grandfather "Peepa" died unexpectedly. We spent 10 days in Southern California. A week after our return, I received news that my Dad died. We spent 27 more days in Southern California. While we were there, we received word that Jeremy's grandfather "Granddad" also went to be with the Lord. This has certainly been a season of grief for our family.
We have been home for 5 days now. Life is slowly returning to "normal." I am back to blogging - and back to eating purposefully. In the months since making changes to the way I cook and what I eat, I have lost 15 pounds. While I am pleased with the results, my goal isn't actually weight loss. It's about making better choices for a healthier me (and family).
Jenn Corbett wrote this great article. She emphasizes three important things - the same three things that have helped me loose my weight. As you read, I hope that you will be inspired too! The New Year is a great time to make changes for a new you!
You are right, it is a great article, Kim. The link takes you to an email thing, but if you click on her name, the article is at the top left of the page. Her thoughts really are where I'm at right now. It's so ironic that eating feels so out of control at times, when in fact, we control every bite. It's a process; and I've begun.
ReplyDelete